Guiding the pursuit of excellence
Using a set of rigorous research-based standards and evidence based criteria, AdvancED Performance Accreditation examines the whole institution – the policies, programs, practices, learning conditions and cultural context – to determine how well the parts work together to carry out the institution’s vision and meet the needs of every learner.
AdvancED has developed quality standards and processes that meet the unique requirements for:
- public and private schools and systems
- education corporations
- early learning
- post secondary
- digital learning institutions.
In order to earn AdvancED Performance Accreditation, institutions must:
- Meet the AdvancED Standards and accreditation policies.
- Demonstrate quality assurance through internal and engagement reviews.
- Engage in continuous improvement.
AdvancED Performance Accreditation is not about earning a label for a one-time evaluation. Rather, it recognizes those institutions that have sustained an exemplary commitment to continuous improvement and learner outcomes.