The AdvancED Source is committed to being an active voice, nationally and internationally, for the education profession on issues related to education quality. This publication provides articles from experts, best practices, and research highlights that are designed to help schools and districts in their ongoing quest to maximize student success and improve school/district effectiveness.
Our readership is made up of school and district administrators, superintendents, principals, and teachers, but also includes policymakers, business leaders, and other professionals in the education field.
To be considered for publication in the AdvancED Source, all articles must follow the guidelines listed below:
- Articles should be written on issues that affect K-12 education and are of interest to a broad range of people.
- The content must focus solely on education quality and educational issues from the viewpoint of the practitioner.
- All articles should present a point of view within a theme specified for an upcoming issue and be written in clear, jargon-free prose.
- No footnotes or illustrations should be included. Photos and graphs illustrative of the text will be considered on a space-available basis.
- Subheadings and bullets are encouraged.
- Essays should be between 900 - 1,400 words in length.
- Articles must be written in Associated Press Style.
- Article must be informative and share your unique expertise. Include tips, strategies, techniques, case-studies, analysis, opinions and commentary in your articles.
- Article must be written using proper English, spelling, grammar, punctuation, capitalization and sentence structure.
- Article must be submitted in a Microsoft Word document.
- Authors should include a cover letter with educational affiliation, short biographical sketch and contact information.
Submissions should be submitted electronically in Microsoft Word to firstname.lastname@example.org. All submissions will be acknowledged by e-mail. If your article is accepted for publication, you will be contacted about possible publication dates.
Unless other arrangements are agreed on in advance, AdvancED acquires full rights to articles upon acceptance. Material submitted for publication is assumed to be the author's own work. If the author has improperly used someone else's work, AdvancED is to be held harmless of any resulting liability.
For additional information, please contact Jennifer Oliver at 888.413.3669, ext. 5547.