Vice President - Pacific Region
Regional Vice President - Pacific Region
The Vice President facilitates and leads the development and implementation of an effective regional strategic plan aligned with the overall strategic direction and objectives of AdvancED. The Vice President oversees operations in assigned Operating offices. The Vice President serves as a liaison with key education agencies throughout the region, particularly state education agencies and/or ministries of education. The Vice President utilizes current educational knowledge, expertise, and extensive knowledge of AdvancED solutions to successfully provide guidance, support, and training to AdvancED staff within the region. The Vice President promotes the AdvancED vision, mission, and philosophy.
- Designs, implements and drives a regional strategic plan aligned to AdvancED’s strategic direction.
- Successfully meets quarterly and annual goals and priorities.
- Ensures effective and ongoing training is provided on all AdvancED products, services, and solutions for all Operations personnel in the region.
- Serves as an expert on all AdvancED products and services for all Operations offices in the region.
- Provides leadership on all aspects of personnel and business management to all Operations personnel in the region.
- Provides quality assurance and oversight of the integrity and fidelity of implementation of all aspects of protocols, policies, and procedures and all work conducted by Operations offices in the region.
- Identifies and resolves problems and inconsistencies in Operations offices in the region as well as policies, practices and procedures, and suggests appropriate corrective procedures as needed.
- Builds and maintains relationships with key leaders in state education agencies, ministries of education and/or other key educational entities across the region.
- Provides services and support offered to institutions that are managed by the regional office (if any).
- Serves as Lead Evaluator or Team Member on two and no more than four review teams of any type annually.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues across the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of all products, services, and solutions offered by AdvancED.
- Extensive knowledge base of current issues in education, accreditation, public and private system and institution improvement, research and evaluation.
- Ability to deliver high quality professional development through oral and written presentations.
- Ability to build and maintain connections with educational associations and agencies in the region and their leaders.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and take personal initiative to promote AdvancED.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively using Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint and other software and web-based applications.
- Feedback from office personnel in the region.
- Completion of strategic plans with demonstrated results and evidence of effectiveness.
- Completion of quarterly and annual goals for the region.
- Number of institutions/clients served across the region.
- Increase in net operating revenue.
- Office, home office, or co-located with another AdvancED office.
- Approximately 60% travel annually
- A proven track record of successful leadership in an education-related organization.
- A proven track record of successfully assessing institutions’ needs to improve learning and organizational effectiveness.
- Demonstrated expertise in designing, executing and accomplishing strategic plans that substantively contribute to the attainment of the organizations goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of education, quality learning environments, curriculum and effective instruction, program development and evaluation, classroom management, learning assessment and diagnosis, and research related to teaching and learning.
A minimum of an earned Master's Degree from an accredited institution of higher learning