School Quality Specialist - Indiana
School Quality Specialist - Indiana
Managing Office: AdvancED Indiana
Work Location: Terre Haute, IN
Reports to: Director
FT/PT Classification: Full Time (40 hours per week)
A School Quality Specialist serves at the local level as a member of the AdvancED Operations office team under the direction of the Director. The Specialist is considered an expert at one or more AdvancED products or services, and works closely with the Director to develop and implement effective plans to provide support, technical assistance, professional development and delivery of AdvancED products and services to schools and systems across the territory served by the Operations Office. A successful Specialist utilizes current knowledge and expertise to enhance AdvancED’s impact on schools, systems and the continuous improvement industry at large.
- Provides assistance to the Vice President for leading the AdvancED regional team
- Contributes in meaningful collaboration with Directors and School Quality Specialists in the region and throughout the organization.
- Assists with successful designing and implementing the strategic plans for the AdvancED region to provide continuous improvement tools and services for existing clients.
- Works closely with the Director to maintain and strengthen efficient and effective working relationships with key education agencies in the area (such as a State Department of Education or Ministry of Education, area colleges and universities, and teacher and administrator organizations).
- Under the direction of the Director, implements the AdvancED service delivery processes in the state, ensuring that all AdvancED schools/systems are adhering to the AdvancED standards and policies.
- Oversees all types AdvancED Engagement Reviews.
- Assists in managing and maintaining the office’s capacity and extended volunteer base.
- Assists the Director in evaluation of the performance quality of Lead Evaluators and volunteers for the managing area.
- Ensures schools/districts are well-informed of AdvancED issues, policies, and communications.
- Provides quality services, technical assistance and professional learning opportunities to AdvancED schools/districts.
- Serves as an expert in the knowledge and understanding of all area-specific governmental requirements and regulations.
- Assists the Director with management of the AdvancED Council advisory body to support the accreditation work of the managing office.
- Extensive knowledge base of current issues in education, accreditation, public and private school and system improvement, research, and evaluation;
- Knowledge of the significant public and nonpublic school issues specific to the territory assigned;
- Knowledge of and connections with key education associations and agencies and their leaders in the territory;
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision and take personal initiative to promote AdvancED;
- Ability to create and maintain cooperative working relationships with others, prepare and implement quality plans;
- Ability to deliver high quality professional development through workshops, conferences, and individual consulting;
- Ability to organize, manage, and implement multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Ability to work and communicate effectively using Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint and other software and web-based applications.
- Positive evaluation by Director.
- Attainment of goals set forth in professional growth plan.
- Evaluations from professional development attendees.
Annual Travel Requirements
- Approximately 60% travel annually
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience in helping schools/districts improve student performance and organizational effectiveness.
- A minimum of an earned Master’s Degree from an accredited institution of higher learning with graduate work in a field related to the functions of the position.
Send an email expressing your interest in the position along with an updated resume including references to Jennifer Horvath, Director, email@example.com.
AdvancED is the world's largest education community, serving over 32,000 institutions in more than 70 countries educating over 20 million students. As the global leader in advancing education excellence through accreditation and school improvement, AdvancED brings together more than 100 years of experience and the expertise of the three national accreditation agencies — the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA CASI), the Northwest Accreditation Commission (NWAC) and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI). The AdvancED Accreditation Process, a protocol embraced around the world, is a clear and comprehensive program of evaluation and external review, supported by high quality standards and dedicated to helping schools, school systems and education providers continuously improve. AdvancED's position as a thought leader in education continues to expand as we provide a national and international voice to inform and influence policy and practice on issues related to education quality. Our research results help us shape educational policy and strengthen learning practices worldwide.
The vision of AdvancED is to create a world of opportunities for every learner. We work to achieve our vision by driving education improvement through accreditation, research and innovation, policy and advocacy, and technology.