Proposal Manager - GA
Proposal Manager - Georgia
This position is responsible for development, management and delivery of on-time high-quality proposals in support of the organization’s growth and revenue objectives within the United States. The Proposal Writer is responsible for generating proposals for new business opportunities as well as specific, formal responses to RFPs, RFQs and RFIs. This position interfaces and collaborates with staff at all levels of the organization to gather information and resources necessary to develop and execute quality proposals that accurately represent our brand, service excellence and quality standards. The ideal candidate is an exceptional writer with strong communication, collaboration and organizational skills. S/he is highly energetic yet maintains a calm demeanor under pressure in order to instill confidence in the team that deadlines are going to be met. S/he understands and applies project management concepts, thrives in a deadline-driven environment, is detail-oriented, self-directed and possesses a positive can-do attitude.
- Investigates, analyzes and interprets client needs, context and requirements to ensure that proposals are appropriately aligned and responsive.
- Orchestrates the development of proposals, RFP/RFQ/RFI responses and new business presentations, coordinating with appropriate cross-functional teams as needed.
- Collaborates with leadership and stakeholders to plan project and account scope and pricing.
- Collaborates with and supports the organization’s regional business development teams with strategic sales presentations and proposals.
- Manages the completion of complex RFPs (writing content, managing the process, working across the organization to assimilate information, etc.) and ensures compliance with specific instructions and responsiveness to evaluation criteria and deadlines.
- Improves proposal results through the continuous evaluation, re-design and improvement of internal processes, collaboration, communication, proposal templates, and boilerplate language.
- Gains and maintains an understanding of the organization’s top competitors and local context in order to develop and support state and regional messaging and positioning of AdvancED solutions and services, advantages and key differentiators.
- Support the processing and qualification of new business leads that come in via website inquiries, sales leads and networking.
- Maintains the agency pipeline to provide maximum visibility of potential opportunities to senior leadership.
- Leverages the organization’s CRM system to monitor and manage status of potential leads, proposals and clients.
- Regularly updates job and industry knowledge through participation in educational opportunities, professional associations and personal networks.
- Submits FOIA requests, when applicable, to monitor competitor bids and proposals.
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills; writing samples required
- Analytical problem solver with strong commitment to meeting aggressive timelines
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Results oriented and performance driven
- Minimum 5 years’ professional experience in marketing, business development, and/or grant writing, preferably in the education industry
- Proven ability to work in collaboration with others to develop successful proposals within tight timelines
Bachelor’s degree required