IT Support Specialist - Georgia
IT Support Specialist - Georgia
Division: Information and Educational Technologies
Work Location: Alpharetta, GA
Reports to: Director of IT Operations
FT/PT Classification: Full Time
Start Date: Immediately
The IT Support Specialist provides first-line technology support in order to maximize user uptime and computing experience through effective local and remote problem identification and resolution. This role is responsible for providing exceptional customer service in collaboration with other members to the IT Operations team.
- Identify, troubleshoot, resolve, and document user desktop and mobile platforms issues to ensure a timely resolution.
- Develop computer images based on IT standard software/hardware configurations.
- Deploy client machines and associated peripherals throughout the organization.
- Perform user account administration (login/permissions).
- Ensure that problems are routed or escalated appropriately until a resolution is reached while maintaining user satisfaction in every step of the service delivery.
- Maintain inventory of end-user IT hardware and software licenses.
- Work closely with members of the IT Operations team in supporting all information technology requirements.
- Strong problem-solving technical skills for solving hardware/software application problems.
- Strong organization skills and detail-oriented skills.
- Ability to perform assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with end-users, peers, and management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, teamwork skills as well as ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Alpharetta Office.
- Support and contribute to the Mission, Vision and Core Values of AdvancED.
Annual Travel Requirements
- Occasional travel needed for remote office support.
Qualifications & Experience
- 5+ years experience with desktop hardware/software and web-based applications on PC and Mac OS platforms.
- 3+ years experience in a helpdesk environment.
- Four-year college degree in Information Technology or related field.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
AdvancED is the world's largest education community, serving over 32,000 institutions in more than 70 countries educating over 20 million students. As the global leader in advancing education excellence through accreditation and school improvement, AdvancED brings together more than 100 years of experience and the expertise of the three national accreditation agencies — the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA CASI), the Northwest Accreditation Commission (NWAC) and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI). The AdvancED Accreditation Process, a protocol embraced around the world, is a clear and comprehensive program of evaluation and external review, supported by high quality standards and dedicated to helping schools, school systems and education providers continuously improve. AdvancED's position as a thought leader in education continues to expand as we provide a national and international voice to inform and influence policy and practice on issues related to education quality. Our research results help us shape educational policy and strengthen learning practices worldwide.
The vision of AdvancED is to create a world of opportunities for every learner. We work to achieve our vision by driving education improvement through accreditation, research and innovation, policy and advocacy, and technology.