Engagement Specialist, Early Learning
Engagement Specialist, Early Learning
Managing Office: Specialized Services
Work Location: AdvancED Corporate Office, Tempe, AZ
Reports to: Director, Early Learning Services
FT/PT Classification: Full Time
The Engagement Specialist, Early Learning serves as a member of the regional team under the direction of the Director, Early Learning Services. This role works closely with the Regional Vice Presidents and Operations Office Directors to develop and implement effective strategic plans encompassing accreditation reviews, best practices and initiatives in early learning, and provides technical assistance and professional development and delivery. A successful Client Engagement Specialist utilizes current knowledge and expertise in early learning to enhance AdvancED’s impact on schools, districts, corporations and the accreditation and early learning industry at large.
- Assists with successful design and implementation of the strategic plans for the AdvancED Early Learning Services to promote continuous improvement.
- Provides support to the Director, Early Learning Services on all aspects of the accreditation protocols and school improvement services for early learning schools and systems.
- Works closely with the region staff to maintain and strengthen efficient and effective working relationships with key education agencies in the area (such as Ministries of Education, State Departments of Education, Health and Human Services, state QRIS programs, area colleges and universities, and early childhood teacher and administrator organizations).
- Assists region staff in implementing the AdvancED Early Learning Accreditation Process in the region, ensuring that all AdvancED schools/systems are adhering to the AdvancED standards and policies.
- Grows and trains the region’s trained Early Learning Engagement Review capacity and extended volunteer base.
- Assists region staff in managing Early Learning Lead Evaluators and volunteers, including evaluation of performance quality.
- Contributes in meaningful collaboration with Directors and Client Engagement Specialists in the region and throughout the organization.
- Ensures early learning schools/preschool programs and their parent organizations are well-informed of AdvancED issues, policies and communications.
- Provides quality services and professional learning opportunities to all AdvancED schools/ districts/corporations operating early learning programs.
- Serves as an expert on best practices and state, federal and international initiatives related to early learning.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director, Early Learning Services.
- Knowledge of current issues in early learning education, accreditation, public and private school and system improvement, research, and evaluation;
- Knowledge of the significant early learning issues specific to the region assigned;
- Knowledge of and connections with key early learning associations and agencies and their leaders;
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision and take personal initiative to promote AdvancED;
- Ability to create and maintain cooperative working relationships with others, prepare and implement quality plans;
- Ability to deliver high quality professional development through oral and written presentations;
- Ability to organize, manage, and implement multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Ability to work and communicate effectively using Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint and other software and web-based applications.
- Positive evaluation by Director, Early Learning Services.
- Attainment of goals set forth in professional growth plan.
- Support and contribute to the Mission, Vision and Core Values of AdvancED.
- Follows in all respects the AdvancED code of ethics.
- Fosters positive and collaborative working relationships within the Operations Division and across the organization to accomplish organization-wide goals.
Annual Travel Requirements
- Approximately 60% travel annually
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience helping schools/systems improve the learning, growth and development of young children and organizational effectiveness.
- Experience implementing early learning services in evidence-based programs, including curriculum implementation and staff development.
- Understanding of state, federal and international initiatives in early learning, such as licensing and ministry regulations, QRIS, workforce development and professional development.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of early learning education, quality learning environments for young children, curriculum and effective instruction, program development and evaluation, child growth and development, classroom management, learning assessment and diagnosis, and research related to learning of young children.
- Experience in designing, executing and accomplishing strategic plans which substantively contribute to the attainment of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- A minimum of an earned Master’s Degree from an accredited institution of higher learning with graduate work in Early Childhood Education or a closely related field.
- A minimum of three years’ experience with young children in a planned early learning program.
Send an email expressing your interest in the position along with an updated resume including references to Dr. Holly King at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AdvancED is the world's largest education community, serving over 32,000 institutions in more than 70 countries educating over 20 million students. As the global leader in advancing education excellence through accreditation and school improvement, AdvancED brings together more than 100 years of experience and the expertise of the three national accreditation agencies — the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA CASI), the Northwest Accreditation Commission (NWAC) and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI). The AdvancED Accreditation Process, a protocol embraced around the world, is a clear and comprehensive program of evaluation and external review, supported by high quality standards and dedicated to helping schools, school systems and education providers continuously improve. AdvancED's position as a thought leader in education continues to expand as we provide a national and international voice to inform and influence policy and practice on issues related to education quality. Our research results help us shape educational policy and strengthen learning practices worldwide.
The vision of AdvancED is to create a world of opportunities for every learner. We work to achieve our vision by driving education improvement through accreditation, research and innovation, policy and advocacy, and technology.