Director, Digital Learning
Director, Digital Learning - Arizona
Managing Office: Specialized Services
Work Location: Tempe, Arizona
Reports to: Vice President, Specialized Services
FT/PT Classification: Full Time
The Director for Digital Learning Services serves as a member of the corporate-level Specialized Services Team under the direction of the team’s Vice President. The role leads the development and implementation of effective strategic plans encompassing best practices and initiatives in digital learning education, professional development and delivery, and engagement reviews. A successful Director of Digital Learning Services utilizes current knowledge and expertise in digital learning education to enhance AdvancED’s impact on digital learning schools and other virtual instructional and delivery options, districts, corporations and the digital learning education industry at large.
- Serves as an expert on best practices in digital learning instructional delivery, learning and transparency of data and information.
- Develops and implements strategic plans for the AdvancED Digital Learning Services to promote continuous improvement.
- Using engaging and current digital methodologies, develops and presents synchronous, asynchronous, face-to-face and virtual trainings and courses for Lead Evaluators, team members and institutions on topics related to best practices in digital learning education, continuous improvement and AdvancED accreditation protocols.
- Ensures the integrity of the AdvancED accreditation digital learning processes, procedures, and protocols.
- Serves as a resource to digital learning and corporation institutions, Operations Offices, and staff members across the organization on issues related to digital learning, continuous improvement and accreditation.
- Grows and trains AdvancED’s trained Digital Learning Engagement Review capacity and extended volunteer base.
- Serves as Lead Evaluator to a prescribed number of digital learning institutions and systems each year within the USA and internationally.
- Provides direction and support to Lead Evaluators, team members, and field consultants for Engagement Reviews to digital learning institutions.
- Establishes and furthers efficient and effective working relationships with key thought leaders in best practices for virtual education (such as membership on policy level boards, partnerships with professional membership organizations that serve digital learning institutions, presenting at national and international conferences on behalf of AdvancED on topics related to virtual education, and relationships with teacher and administrator organizations serving digital learning).
- Contributes to meaningful and collaborative professional relationships across the organization.
- Ensures digital learning institutions and Operations Offices are well informed of AdvancED issues, policies and communications related to digital learning.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Vice President for Specialized Services.
- Knowledge of current issues in digital (virtual education) instruction and delivery, learning, public and private school system improvement, research and evaluation;
- Knowledge of the significant digital learning issues specific to the USA and international arenas;
- Knowledge of and connections with key digital learning associations and their leaders;
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision and take personal initiative to promote AdvancED;
- Ability to create and maintain cooperative working relationships with others, prepare and implement quality strategic and action plans;
- Ability to deliver high quality professional development through synchronous, asynchronous, face-to-face and virtual presentations;
- Ability to organize, manage, and implement multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Ability to work and communicate effectively using Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint and other software and web-based applications for multiple purposes
- Positive evaluation by Vice President, Specialized Services.
- Attainment of goals set forth in professional growth plan.
Annual Travel Requirements
- Approximately 50% travel annually
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of three years successful teaching experience in a digital learning institution.
- Minimum of three years of exemplary service in an administrative/leadership capacity in an accredited school or system; digital learning school or system preferred.
- Experience in helping digital learning institutions or systems improve aligned to best practices in digital learning education.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of quality of digital learning education including effective instructional delivery, engaging learning environments, rigorous curriculum, assessment and evaluation and research related to digital learning education.
- Demonstrate the ability to use technology-based and digital tools for his/her work and to create and deliver high quality professional training.
- Has established a reputation of excellence in her/his own educational environment while having contributed to colleagues and their schools.
- Experience in designing, executing and accomplishing strategic plans which substantively contribute to the attainment of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- A minimum of an earned Master’s Degree (or higher) from an accredited institution of higher learning in administration, curriculum and/or instruction or the equivalent.
- Coursework in digital/virtual education.
Send an email expressing your interest in the position along with an updated resume and three or more references to Dr. Claudia Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AdvancED is the world's largest education community, serving over 32,000 institutions in more than 70 countries educating over 20 million students. As the global leader in advancing education excellence through accreditation and school improvement, AdvancED brings together more than 100 years of experience and the expertise of the three national accreditation agencies — the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA CASI), the Northwest Accreditation Commission (NWAC) and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI). The AdvancED Accreditation Process, a protocol embraced around the world, is a clear and comprehensive program of evaluation and external review, supported by high quality standards and dedicated to helping schools, school systems and education providers continuously improve. AdvancED's position as a thought leader in education continues to expand as we provide a national and international voice to inform and influence policy and practice on issues related to education quality. Our research results help us shape educational policy and strengthen learning practices worldwide.
The vision of AdvancED is to create a world of opportunities for every learner. We work to achieve our vision by driving education improvement through accreditation, research and innovation, policy and advocacy, and technology.