Administrative Coordinator, Global Services - Arizona
Administrative Coordinator, Global Services
Department: Global Services
Work Location: Tempe, Arizona
Reports to: Director of Global Services
FT/PT Classification: Full Time (40 hours/week)
This role provides administrative and logistical support in an organized, efficient, and accurate manner. Develops effective workflow plans, sets focused priorities, and meets or exceeds established deadlines for a varying workload. Under the direct supervision of the Director of Global Services, this position deals promptly and professionally with clients in the United States, Asia, Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East. Working closely with the Director, a successful Administrative Coordinator manages logistics related to Engagement Reviews, Global Conferences, communication, and maintains databases to enhance AdvancED’s impact on schools, districts and the global educational community.
- Perform with high levels of integrity, initiative and tenacity.
- Provide assistance to the Director for leading AdvancED Global Services.
- Work closely with the Director to support and ensure that Global Regions are adhering to the AdvancED Standards, policies and procedures.
- Build, maintain and strengthen efficient and effective working relationships with AdvancED Global Regions Operations Office staff, internal staff across divisions, external clients, and the AdvancED Councils.
- Assist the Director with the preparation and data management for the AdvancED Council and Commission meetings.
- Maintain effective, supportive and ongoing communication with internal and external clients.
- Maintain database for institutions, statuses, demographics and team volunteer base.
- Maintain effective files and documentation related to institutions and service contracts.
- Manage logistics for Engagement Review Teams, including scheduling and staffing of teams.
- Support logistics and communication for newsletters, meetings, conferences and professional learning activities.
- Manage online registration for professional learning activities.
- Prepare, organize, and disseminate materials for conferences, meetings and mass mailings.
- Track expenditures and incomes, including billing and invoicing for non-employees.
- Assist in implementing and communicating the AdvancED strategic plan.
- Provide quality services, technical support and professional learning opportunities to AdvancED Global Regions Operations Offices.
- Serve as an expert in the knowledge and understanding the AdvancED management systems.
- Prepare and distribute letters, reports, data summaries, charts, contracts, and various other documents.
- Perform tasks as assigned by Director and Chief Operations Officer.
- Ability to work with a superior level of organization and efficiency.
- Ability to successfully organize, manage and implement multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to create and maintain cooperative working relationships with others, and take personal initiative to promote AdvancED.
- Ability and skills to communicate professionally and effectively with clients and colleagues.
- Strong customer service skills and approach to workflow.
- Ability to deliver high quality professional development through oral and written presentations.
- High level of proficiency in use of technology tools including Microsoft Office, event management software and other web-based applications and tools.
- Work across organizational functions to accomplish goals.
- Internal and external survey results and positive evaluation results from Director.
- Accuracy in completion of tasks.
- Initiative and timeliness in completion of tasks.
- Attainment of goals set forth in professional growth plan.
- Follows in all respects the AdvancED code of ethics.
- Fosters positive and collaborative working relationships within the Operations Division and across the organization to accomplish organization-wide goals.
Annual Travel Requirements
- 5% annually
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in the area of clerical, administrative, logistical and office support.
- Fluency in languages other than English and high cultural IQ is favorable.
- Knowledge of international education and relations is favorable.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university.
Please submit a resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AdvancED is the world's largest education community, serving over 32,000 institutions in more than 70 countries educating over 20 million students. As the global leader in advancing education excellence through accreditation and school improvement, AdvancED brings together more than 100 years of experience and the expertise of the three national accreditation agencies — the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA CASI), the Northwest Accreditation Commission (NWAC) and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI). The AdvancED Accreditation Process, a protocol embraced around the world, is a clear and comprehensive program of evaluation and external review, supported by high quality standards and dedicated to helping schools, school systems and education providers continuously improve. AdvancED's position as a thought leader in education continues to expand as we provide a national and international voice to inform and influence policy and practice on issues related to education quality. Our research results help us shape educational policy and strengthen learning practices worldwide.
The vision of AdvancED is to advance excellence in education worldwide so that every student is prepared for success in an ever-changing and diverse world. We work to achieve our vision by providing schools and systems with accreditation, research and professional services.