The AdvancED Source provides practitioner-based articles on educational strategies and practices supporting educational quality and is designed to help schools and school systems in their ongoing quest to maximize student success and improve school/school systems effectiveness.
The AdvancED Source - Fall 2013 Table of Contents:
- "Measuring Knowledge, Skills and Experience" by Mark A. Elgart, Ed.D.
- "The Promise of Performance Assessment...and the Challenges" by Peter D. Hofman, M.B.A. and Stuart R. Kahl, Ph.D.
- "Confronting Barriers to Learning to Help All Children Succeed" by Pamela Cantor, M.D.
- "Reinventing the Report Card" by Kyle L. Peck, Ph. D.
- "How World of Warcraft Saved Me and My Education" by Erik N. Martin
- "It’s not Complicated—But it’s Seriously Difficult" by David M. Steiner, Ph.D.
- "You Say You Want a Revolution" by Fred Bramante
- “Technology Bringing Professionals and Students Together” by Brian Srikanchana
- “Mission as a Measurement of Success” by Sister M. Paul McCaughey
- “Defining Learner Success in the Digital Age” by Ludy van Broekhuizen, Ph.D.
Download Current Issue
The Spring 2014 issue of the AdvancED Source will feature real examples of how classrooms and other platforms of learning have been transformed into a learner-centric or personalized learning environment where the learner is both the participant in and the creative of their own learning experiences. AdvancED Source is seeking articles that highlight a modern system of education where decisions are focused on what’s best to prepare students for tomorrow’s world. Educational leaders, practitioners and authors are encouraged to submit articles to share their thoughts on Creating Learner-Centric Learning Environments. If you have an article to share related to this theme, we would welcome your submission.
Submission Deadline for the Spring 2014 issue: February 24, 2014
Advertising in the AdvancED Source is a great way to show your company's commitment to improved teaching and learning, while connecting with educational professionals from around the globe. More than 30,000 principals, superintendents, and educational leaders in the AdvancED network receive the AdvancED Source. We would like to give you an opportunity to reach them by inviting your company to share its expertise through advertising in the AdvancED Source. View our Media Planner now to learn more about the advertising opportunities and benefits available to you.